Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Carrot Muffin Fail

Have you even had a muffin so incredible that you obsessed over the perfection of it? Or spent countless hours and dollars trying to perfect something even better? No? Well I have, and I'm almost there.

I made a puree of pecans and dates



I shredded 1 apple and 6 carrots. I grated fresh nutmeg.

I took them out of the oven midway through baking to brush with butter and sprinkle with toasted pecans.




I put energy and love into it, but like a shitty boyfriend, it did not work out. If Julia Child has taught me anything, it's to persevere into the darkness of perfection. Never give up on a recipe you are convinced will be badass. If every homemaker or chef out there did, we would be eating sandwiches and cereal everyday. Three cheers to you carrot muffin, we will figure out our relationship soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment