Monday, May 30, 2011

How to Save Your Ovaries...Naturally



90 million women across the world suffer from endometriosis. On average, it happens to women in their late 20's/early 30's; typically when you have not bared children. Apparently we should have kids before we are ready...thanks universe.

I was diagnosed about 3 years ago, and was given three treatment options: get pregnant, get on birth control, or have surgery. I worked in an OR at the time, so it was only natural that I went with option 3. Afterwards, I was put on birth control (b/c it was the only medical solution).

So time passed, I went about my business, and eventually got really sick of it. I still had symptoms and hated the pill. I went online and started researching. It didn't take long to come across information on two homeopathic drugs: Vitex and Dong Quai. So naturally, I gave it a whirl.

That was over a year ago and I have never felt better. I quit birth control, got on all natural drugs, and have had ZERO side effects.

If you have any issues with your ovaries, this is worth a shot.

Benefits of Vitex:

It helps to balance the ovarian hormones by increasing the level of progesterone
Helps balance the menstrual cycle
Modulates high levels of prolactin, which can aggravate PMS symptoms
Aleviates some common symptoms of menopause(including hot flashes & depression)

Benefits of Dong Quai:

Contains ferulic acid, a pain reliever and muscle relaxer
Used for effectively treating PMS, arthritis, and lowering blood pressure

There are also health concerns for Dong Quai, so please do your own homework.

Keep in mind, you have to take the drugs EVERY DAY. Natural drugs also take a few weeks to take effect in your body.

The total cost? About $12 a month. You can find both of these pills at Whole Foods and Central Market

Now let me just state my disclosure: I am not a doctor, I am only telling you what worked for me. And what worked for me is truly magical.

I am in love with alternative medicine. This is my all time favorite website for natural cures. http://www.earthclinic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment